It's the seventh day, and I haven't miss any yet, yayy! ;D So today, the talk is about book-blogging quirks. I have been book-blogging for almost two years now, and I find it extremely fun to do because of my love for books and reading. I have also developed several blogging habits throughout those days. I don't know if my habits can be considered as quirks, but I will just share them here, for fun at least ;) If you also want to share your own blogging quirks, write a comment down below or join this challenge here.
1. I always write my posts directly in blogger, but then I saved them as drafts and work on it for several days. I hardly ever write a full post done in a day. Posts like book-haul and book reviews always took me days to write. I don't know why, probably I'm a slow writer(?).
2. I schedule most of my posts to publish at 9 AM. I guess this is a habit I developed after I joined BBI (Blogger Buku Indonesia) read-along. Usually the posts are published altogether at 9AM at the end of each month.
3. There'll always be picture(s) in my posts. I'm a visual person, and I hate it if my posts are only full of writing. I take pleasure in finding great pictures and then editing them to put in my blog-posts. This is a habit I developed after being a design student for 3 years.
4. I have a specific format for writing book reviews. The first part of the review will be the book summary based on my own interpretation. And then there's a picture to separate both parts. The second part is where I write my opinion about the book: talking about plot, characters, the writing, etc.
5. My book reviews have to be at least 4 paragraphs long for the summary, and 4 paragraphs long for opinion. I only had this quirk recently; back when I just started the blog I only write short ones. But these days, If I write too shortly, it seems like I'm not putting any effort on it. And it makes me feel dissatisfied. Writing long reviews makes me feel accomplished (although it can be tiring).
6. I love quotes, and I put many of them in a book review. My book reviews tend to be filled with quotes. Whether it's a good quote, a life-changing quote, or a quote that sort of explains the story. Putting quotes in a book review is also a way to let my blog readers know the author's writing.
7. When writing a book review, I always sort of scan through the book once again to remind me. This is what I do, especially when I'm writing the book summary. I have terrible memory, and if the book is not that impressive, it's even harder for me to remember the story ㅠ,ㅠ
8. After finishing a book, I have to quickly write the review within a week. I usually write a book review about 2-3 days after I finished it. Like I said, I have terrible memory. If I leave it too long, it becomes really difficult for me to write a review. I can even forget how I felt about the book.
9. I never mark the book as finished in goodreads if I haven't write the review. It kind of helps me to remember that I haven't write a review for that book.
10. My blog is bilingual. Most of my non-review posts in this blog is written in English; not because I'm excellent at it, but because it's a way to improve my English. I rarely use English in daily life, so using it through blogging is good enough. But my reviews for Indonesian books are always written in Indonesian; and reviews for English books are written in English. (this is probably why Google Ads rejected me ㅠㅡㅠ).
11. I use online dictionaries while writing my review/blog posts. This is a habit I had since High School for writing essays; because my English teacher hate it when I use the same words over and over again. So I use Dictionary.com (English-English dictionary, which also has thesaurus), sederet.com (English-Indonesian and Indonesian-English dictionary), ArtiKata.com (Indonesian-Indonesian dictionary). Those sites are my reference for writing, when I thought of a word but forgot the spelling, when I spot a word I don't know, etc.
12. I am most productive when I'm writing my blog posts at night. Which always ruined my bedtime hours.
That's all I can think of for now ;) bye!