The new year has arrived, and be prepared, because we have a lot of movie adaptations coming in 2015! I love watching movies that are adapted from books, especially if I already read the original book beforehand. So in this post, I'm going to list some of the movie adaptations that I'm highly anticipating to watch in 2015. Surely, the movies I listed below are not all movie adaptations that are going to be released this year (because there are tons of other movies), but these are just the ones I'm excited/interested to see. I will also include movie trailers that are available for these movie adaptations, and also the links to the books I've reviewed :)) Since I have quite a lot to talk about, let's jump right to the list :))
*there are quite a lot of images & videos in this post, so please be patient if it loads slowly*
1. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (Release date: September 18, 2015)Oh my God, you guys don't know how much I'm anticipating this movie! I absolutely love the book, because I think the Scorch Trials is much more intense than the maze; and of course I'm hoping to see how the movie adaptation is going to portray everything. I'm satisfied with the adaptation of Maze Runner, so I have high expectations for this one as well. Unfortunately, we still have to wait quite a while before we get to see this. The casts are pretty much the same as the previous movie. Can't wait to see Kihong Lee again :*
2. Love, Rosie (Original title: Where Rainbows End by Cecilia Ahern) (Release date: February 6, 2015)As for this one, I need to read the book soon because I really want to watch it after! :D We're pretty close to the scheduled premiere, and I'm really looking forward to see Sam Claflin as the main lead opposite Lily Collins. I've watched the trailer, and the movie looks like a really cute romance story between two childhood friends :) If you haven't seen it yet, you can watch it below ↓↓↓↓↓
3. Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth (Release date: March 20, 2015)I'm pretty sure many of us are also anticipating this movie. Aren't we all? :)) The first Divergent movie was a huge success and here comes the second one early this year. We're going to see Tris sporting her new haircut in this movie. And judging from the movie trailer, I think they're doing something a bit different with the movie adaptation. Well, I can't say much until I've seen the full movie adaptation. But you can check out the trailer yourself down below ↓↓↓↓↓ . What do you think about it? :))
4. Paper Towns by John Green (Release date: June 19, 2015)
Another John Green movie this year! Is this going to make us cry again? To be honest, I haven't read the book yet, so I can't say anything. But I will definitely get to the book first before watching the movie adaptation—I still got several months to do that. We're going to see a familiar face in this movie because Nat Woolf (who played Isaac in TFIOS) will be playing opposite Cara Delevingne as main leads :)
5. Room by Emma Donoghue (Release date: unknown)Is this real? Because I'm not even sure if this one is really going to be adapted into a movie. But Room is definitely one of my most favorite books of all time; because it's just so amazing and I can still even remember bits of it in my mind. It's a really great story and I'm interested to see how they will depict it through a movie. The news said Brie Larson is casted as Ma. And I hope all of this is real. Please. I love this book. So much.
6. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks (Release date: April 10, 2015)This book might not be the best Nicholas Sparks' book I've read, but there are some interesting aspects in it. I've watched the trailer, and I really like the casts so far: Scott Eastwood as Luke (so hot, btw.) and Britt Robertson as Sophia (who looks so adorably cute). I think I'm liking how the movie arranged the plot differently from the book :)) Don't forget to check the trailer below ↓↓↓↓↓
7. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn (Release date: Unknown)
Gillian Flynn is on a roll these days after Gone Girl became a huge hit, both book and movie. And this one is another thriller story by her that's going to be adapted into a movie. I pretty much trust Gillian Flynn right now because Gone Girl totally blew my mind away; so I'm highly anticipating this. The casts includes Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Christina Hendricks, and Chloë Grace Moretz. Great casts. Looks very promising.
8. Mockingjay: Part 2 by Suzanne Collins (Release date: November 20, 2015)
The long awaited finale of The Hunger Games series. We have finally reached the final battle, and I can't wait to be amazed with all the action that will be happening in this movie. I really hope the movie adaptation will wrap things up perfectly. However, the movie is set near the end of the year....so, let's be patient.
9. The Choice by Nicholas Sparks (Release date: Unknown)
This is one of my favorite books by Nicholas Sparks, and I'm glad it's finally adapted into a movie. I read this book back in 2010 before I even had this blog, and the story is pretty vague in my mind. The casts includes Teresa Palmer, Benjamin Walker, and Tom Welling. I don't really recognize the casts, but I'm hoping for the best! No exact details about this movie adaptation yet, though.
10. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (Release date: August 21, 2015)
I need to get to this book SOON! I think it was last year (?) when this book was so hyped, and it seems like everyone is reading it. And the moment I found out this book is going to be adapted into a movie, I'm pushing this up on my TBR list. And you know what. Sam Claflin will be playing opposite Emilia Clarke in this movie! ♥♥♥♥♥ Finnick and Daenerys Targaryen! What a twist, LOL. Oh my, can't waitttt!
11. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (Release date: ?)
I'm still unsure if this movie adaptation will even be released in 2015; because there are news stating it will be released in 2016. But anyways, I'm highly anticipating this one as well, because the book received so much love. I will most probably read this book (and its' sequel) this year :) The movie adaptation will be directed by Tim Burton, so it sounds promising.
The rest of this list will be for books I never knew about, but they're also going to be adapted into a movie in 2015.
12. Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho (Release date: January 20, 2015)
This is actually quite weird because the movie was originally released in 2009 in Brazil. And now about 5 years later it's released again? I'm not sure what really happened with this movie, but it's going to be screened in theaters again in January this year. I never read the book before, but the trailer intrigued me. Sarah Michelle Gellar will be the main cast, and here's the trailer ↓↓↓↓↓
13. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman (Release date: Unknown)This book is actually already on my TBR list, but I have no idea what it's about ㅋㅋㅋ Oh, God, my brain is in need of an upgrade. Anyways, I'm really excited to read it this year while anticipating the movie adaptation. The movie is going to cast Michael Fassbender! I really like him. By the way, that book cover is stunning ♥♥♥
14. The Martian by Andy Weir (Release date: November 25, 2015)That book cover seriously made me want to read the book. And it kind of gives me the idea that the story is going to be about an astronaut lost in space. Matt Damon will be in the movie, so I'm highly anticipating it. Will definitely read the book first before watching it :) I still got plenty of time to do that.
15. Seventh Son (Original title: The Spook's Apprentice by Joseph Delaney) (Release date: February 6, 2015)
I've seen the trailer last year and was quite interested. Only later did I found out it was originally from a book with a different title. Jeff Bridges (from The Giver) is about to train another boy who will be played by Ben Barnes. Julianne Moore is also casted for this movie. It looks like a young-adult fantasy story, so I hope it'll be good :) I'm not planning to read the book, though. Trailer below ↓↓↓↓↓
16. Serena by Ron Rash (Release date: March 27, 2015)
Another book that I know nothing about, but I'm interested because Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper will be in the movie adaptation. Haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook yet, but I heard they have incredible chemistry. This one is an adult historical fiction, and also about problematic romance; but I don't have any intention to read the book. The trailer looks very intense. And I always loveee the way Jennifer Lawrence acted out her characters. ↓↓↓↓↓
So those are the 16 movie adaptations I'm looking forward to see this year. Do you see anything that you like from the list? Are you also anticipating these movies? I hope you enjoyed this post because I had fun writing it even though it's quite long. If you know any other great movie adaptations that I missed out, feel free to comment down below and I will check them out :)) Okay, bye for now! Have a pleasant day! ;)